You can be assured that we treat your personal details, including email address and telephone numbers in confidence. We do not disclose such details to any third party or otherwise use them, except in connection with expediting/processing your orders/products.
What personal information we collect
The following sections detail what information we collect, how we collect it, and how we process it.
When you use our website
When placing a order on our website, we collect and store the following details so we can process your order;
- Name – As entered at point of making a purchase, starting to make a purchase in the website checkout process, completing one of our contact forms or email sign-up forms.
- Billing/Shipping Address – As provided at point of making a purchase.
- Telephone Number – As provided at point of making a purchase.
- Email Address – As entered at point of making a purchase, starting to make a purchase in the website checkout process, completing one of our contact forms or email sign-up forms.
- IP Address – As provided at point of making a purchase.
- Payment Information – As captured at point of purchase. Note: Baxter & Co Home does not directly process your credit /debit card details, these are handled by secure 3rd party payment providers (PayPal) on our behalf.
- Company Tax Number – As provided at point of making a purchase.
Personal information regarding all purchases from our website is stored in our DB for sales and VAT compliance etc. Hard copies are also stored in a secure location.
How and why we collect data
We collect your data as follows:
- When you start providing information at the cart / checkout process of our website – We process your data on the basis that you have interest in our products and services. We process it to follow up with you to check whether you had problems ordering, or if there are any pre-sales questions we can answer.
- When you complete a purchase on our website – We process these items as they are necessary to fulfil your order: Your name, email address, address’s, payment information, IP address and company tax number. We process these items to fulfil our legal obligations: Your name, email address, address’s, payment information, IP address and company tax number.
- When you fill in one of our contact forms – We process any information provided by you in submitting a contact form request, or in any follow-up conversations on the basis of consent, and being necessary to fulfil our contract to you where one exists.
- When you contact us via email – We process any information provided by you in submitting a email, or in any follow-up conversations on the basis of consent, and being necessary to fulfil our contract to you where one exists.
Third parties with access to your data
In order to provide our services to you we rely on some third party service providers who may be based outside of the United Kingdom, and/or outside of the EU. This means your data may be transferred outside of the EU subject to appropriate safeguards. The following providers are currently involved in providing the services associated with this website and any contract you may enter into through it.
All payments via PayPal are processed via the secure PayPal payment gateway and as such no payment/card details are stored on our server. Our site is served via https to ensure safe encryption of any personal information passed to this payment gateway. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
When you subscribe to our newsletter via our website checkout page or newsletter signup ‘popup’, you will receive a double opt-in confirmation email prompting you to confirm your subscription. Customers will only be subscribed to our list if they ‘opt-in’. Opt-In checkbox’s are set to ‘unchecked’ by default. We use MailChimp for our email marketing. You can unsubscribe at any time via the emails we send you or by emailing us directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce
You can leave a optional product review via the review form sent after completing a purchase. Your name and email will be stored in our database. You can ask for your review to be removed at any time by emailing us directly to email@example.com
WP Customer Reviews
You can leave a optional service/company review via the review form on our Reviews Page. Your name and email will be stored in our database. Our site is served via https to ensure safe encryption of any personal information sent via this form. You can ask for your review to be removed at any time by emailing us directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Really Simple SSL
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
This website is owned and operated by Baxter & Co. Home which is based in the United Kingdom. You can contact us at any time in order to request access to data we hold about you, correct any information we hold about you, or request removal of any data we hold about you.
In order to make such a request, or if you have any additional questions about our collection and storage of data you can contact us either via email to email@example.com or in writing to:
Baxter & Co Home
Garden Studio 1
Scotland Nurseries Garden Store